I’ve always been a reader. When I was a little kid, my mom had to take the flashlights and books away so I’d go to sleep. (I was really great at hiding an extra book and flashlight and knowing when Mom had already gone to bed and I was safe to get it out again). I’d stay up all night to finish a great book. Some of my favorite summer days were those that my mom, my little sister and I would head in to the Morgantown Public Library and I’d get to pick a huge new stack of books to haul home and start on. Sometimes I couldn’t choose where to start and dive right into several books at a time!
This summer feels like that. I’ve ordered a pile of books to get started on and I couldn’t wait to dive in! I’ve dipped into 3 of them so far and LOVE everything I’m reading!
- #AnytimeAnywhereLearners by Susan Einhorn & Bruce Dixon
- The Classroom Chef by Jeff Stevens & Matt Vaudrey
- The HyperDoc Handbook by Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton & Sarah Landis
- Blended Learning in Grades 4-12: Leveraging the Power of Technology to Create Student Centered Classrooms by Catlin Tucker
- Go Blended! A Handbook for Blending Technology in Schools by Liz Arney
- Learning Personalized: The Evolution of Contemporary Classrooms by Allison Zmuda, Greg Curtis & Diane Ullman
- The Power of Questioning: Opening Up The World of Student Inquiry by Starr Sackstein
I have a month off – planning to relax, recharge, read and learning! What are you reading this summer?